10.3.08 | cure time!
















4 comments :.

  3:27 am :. Blogger LiVEwiRe hollered thusly:

I effing love The Cure. I've wanted to steal Robert Smith for ages now. I never did as I was afraid he would mock me for applying my lipstick too neatly. ;)

Actually, I just found a bunch of old Cure postcards and such from my college days. Hoorah!


  10:38 am :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

Oh God! I remember those vids the first time around which ages me just a little! Robert Smith was my hero, though I did always think that Simon Gallup had the best arse. Actually, maybe it was a Simon thing I had at the time, I also had a massive crush on Simon Hinkler from the Mission. I looked up at that rangy leather clad frame from the front of the stage at the City Hall (being squashed a little for my pains) and knew love at the sight of his leather trews. Or maybe I just have a thing for fit men in leather trousers...

My brother bought me a pot plant for my eighteenth birthday (amongst more exciting items!) which I duly called Simon. It grew to epic proportions and only died about a year ago at the grand old age of sixteen. Ah memories...


  8:27 pm :. Anonymous Anonymous hollered thusly:

"Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips to breathe his name
I opened up my eyes
And found myself alone alone
Alone above a raging sea
That stole the only boy I loved
And drowned him deep inside of me"

Beautiful.

~ Janine x


  7:59 pm :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

Janine, that's possibly the greatest Cure song ever..

'Spinning on that dizzy edge
I kissed her face and kissed her head
And dreamed of all the different ways I had to make her glow
"Why are you so far away?" she said
"Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you
That I'm in love with you" '

Although I am rather partial to Pictures of You when I really wish to become miserable!



-------
Post a Comment
-------