31.10.05 | The Practicalities of Tentacles In Confined Spaces and Attics (+ Pumpkin Conversation included free for Hallow's Eve!)



Squid.

I love squid, me. Living and kalamari'd.

Look at this little fella, for instance. Positively gorgeous. If i was a lady squid, i'd be all over him as only a lady squid can be. Ink-squirts and all! (I'm only assuming it's a "He" btw. Could be a lady squid for all i know)


Sooo sexy!

I think this one looks better

uncooked. Don't you?

But the other morning i was awakened from a particularly and pleasant and sordid dream, by the sound of my new next door neighbours having a very loud party. Karaoke and everything!

"Bastards!" i thought. "Could've invited me!"

So naturally, i went to complain.

Pausing only to arm myself with items procured from my manicure set (Yes it is mine. Don't ask)(Oh ok, ask if you must, but i'll only tell you that as i'd never seen the aforementioned neighbours before, i thought that protecting myself with anything more serious than a nail-file and tweezers, might be viewed as overly aggressive and might lead to... friction. Besides, my manicuring skills are lethal!

And yes, i know that's not what you were going to ask, but i have keep some air of mystique now, don't i?

...So i knock on the door and after a while it's answered by a squid, wearing a paisley print smoking jacket, and armed far more seriously than myself, with a large gin & tonic in one tentacle and a cigarette perched on the end of an extraordinary long holder (y'know, 20's style kinda thing) in another.

"Hello, old chap" it oozed.

"Hello. I've come to complain about the noise. But i've just realized i'm in the middle of a dream. so uh, i guess it doesn't matter that much, after all."

"Oh? How do you know it's a dream?" it asked, waving it's free tentacles around in some bemusement.

"Because you're floating".

"Ah, well. I am high as a kite. We've been smoking opium, you see. So perhaps i'm dreaming you instead?" it tittered in typical mollusky fashion.

Damn! It had a point. This was starting to get stressful.

"But let's not worry about all that for now, old sport! Why not come in and have a large G&T with me and the rest of the crowd. It should be a lot of fun. We've just persuaded God and Satan to duet on the karaoke. They're doing "I've Got You, Babe".

"Cool! Ok!"

... the next day, while i'm enthusing to Pumpkin about my dream shennanigans, and wistfully bemoaning my lack of tentacular appendages, and how much fun it would be to have some of my very own, she pragmatically points out that they'd be completely impractical indoors. Especially on me.

"You'd always be tripping over them. Because you're so lazy, you'd just drag them on the carpet.

"And have you thought about how difficult it would be to turn around in a small room with them? Do it slow, and you'd be staggering around like a drunk in a skip. Do it fast and it'd be: "Swish! Thud!" as your tentacles whirl through the air and collide with the walls. And then off to the hospital for more bandages".

"More bandages?"

"Yes, because i'd already have punched you for being stupid, in the first place."

Aaa, she sooo wise! Everyone should have a Pumpkin in their lives to keep them on the straight and narrow. Or as straight and narrow as possible. Granted, my own Pumpkin has a rather herculean task when it comes to moi.

That night, i have vivid dreams about being a posh squid, and living in a huge converted attic space. Troubled only rarely by need for bandages.

"Swish!"
"Thud!"
"Ouch!"

S.

14 comments :.

  9:12 pm :. Blogger LiVEwiRe hollered thusly:

Now that sounds like one hell of a time! (It is odd how the first few times you see the word 'tentacles' that your mind reads it as 'testicles'. Oh, just me? Meh. I loved this. If I could kiss your creativity, I would! =)


  12:01 am :. Blogger Jessie hollered thusly:

Tentacles freak me out. When I was 14 on a school camp an octopus got its tentacle caught on my fishing line. My hysterical screaming had the whole camp thinking the worst!


  4:16 am :. Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) hollered thusly:

those are gorgeous squids....not scary at all like some pics i've seen.

i bet the devil is better at karaoke....because karaoke is EVIL!

u sure u weren't smoking some opium urself?

ooh...was going to make other comment but i see u wrote "bandages" not "bondage"...nevermind :P


  8:35 am :. Blogger Pix hollered thusly:

I got you babe is the best karaoke song.

Would god or satan do the female parts? Vice versa?


  4:48 pm :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

{{{raspberry!}}}


  9:10 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Livey! Yeah, my creativity likes to be smooched.

Jessie! Poor thing!

Doccy! My creativity also likes to be bondaged, too... =P

Teufy! Oi! Keep away from me, you monstah!

Pixy! Male? Female? They sang it terribly anyway, so it was hard to tell...

Janey!

A raspberry? For moi? Oh, the indignity!

S.x

*shock*


  2:24 am :. Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) hollered thusly:

i imagine that tentacles come in handy in bondage.


  5:11 pm :. Blogger The Prisoner hollered thusly:

hooray for squids smoking opium!

you must have seen the wicked photos of the giant squid that guy manged to take. it's sooo massive.


  5:37 pm :. Blogger Lizzy hollered thusly:

Lo dude. Haven't been by in a bit, hope you're well anyway, and didn't really get ripped off by your layout artist who imho, for all its worth, could have at least made your site look worth that sorta payment.

No malice intended. Not really anyway.

I'd gladly do up your blog for you, if you ever do feel the urge to herbal. :P At no charge.

Stay amusing dude. Maybe one day I'd actually manage to comprehend the entirety of your British humour, but till that day.. taas. (:


  7:06 am :. Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) hollered thusly:

remember ur special mission


  11:01 am :. Blogger De.vile hollered thusly:

Love em squids. Seen the green ones that light up like bulbs in em? They used to be on Discovery long time ago.

Btw, tentacles are bad for you. Since you manicure.


  11:01 am :. Blogger De.vile hollered thusly:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


  6:06 am :. Blogger Danielle hollered thusly:

"tentacular apendages"... lol..


  5:39 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Doc V.
Yes! And Yes to the other comment, too.

Prissy!
That was a fake squid, btw. (Based on a real one, though)

Lizzy,
that is an extremely unkind thing to say. I wish you'd thought about that before commenting, certainly, you should have kept your words private and mailed me. I think Tam is an extraordinarily good blog designer and would never even contemplate asking anyone else for a design if she was available.
I'll forgive you this once though, ok?

De.vile.
You made me laugh out loud with that comment. Out loud!


Teufel
I went and commented. First comment i've made on anyones blog for some time. I've... been distracted. Sorry. Hope yr well.

Dani.
Great to see you around!



-------
Post a Comment
-------