18.6.05 | ...1?...Hope Called In Sick



Before we start, i'd just like to point out that i haven't returned yet... this is just an interim post that may stretch into a few, until my blog creating demon gets back and gives the old place a new lick of paint...
This post was composed just before my unexpected absence...



Do you ever have the urge to throw away all that old junk that's been cluttering up your closets, your drawers, your attics?

The Saturnyne always has this compulsion to do away with the past. Start afresh. Throw away all the things that aren't necessary.

Spring cleaning.

I found some poems today that i wrote when i was a teenager. I stopped writing poems... ooh, decades ago (or something like that) when you were very young. Or perhaps not even born. I no longer had the need to write poetry anymore. Here are a couple of the more "interesting" ones. I show them to you unashamedly as a minor distraction. They're done. No longer a part of me. I don't want to go back to that time, the present is enough of a handful for me as it is, thank-you! As i said to someone recently, "The Past. It's always something from which one desires to escape with as much haste as politely possible (for me).

Like an uninvited and terribly irritating relative, it makes me hide in my room."

Thank-you. And good night.

S. @2:38.A.M. (Somewhere out of the world)


I thin
king
some
times tens
e and ner
vous
some
times calm
never
endinglyuseless
thoughts

a catastrophe
huge dimensionally
interred rearranged
and multiplied
into hugest

nothing

-The Saturnyne


at night
when shadows
have their
long playgrounds;
in the big empty
desolations of my house

-i run-

when the only
clock is a huge star
on desperate walls
(ticks subconsciously and)
follows me unkindly
through palest moonlight
halls

shivering i seek

to hide in
one corner of
one blue room from
the tall and
bleak sounds
of my own
loneliness

- The Saturnyne

13 comments :.

  10:24 am :. Blogger Starling hollered thusly:

I miss you! Come back soon.
(And that last poem was quite beatiful btw.)


  11:15 am :. Blogger Herge Smith hollered thusly:

Welcome back, for however long it is.


  2:49 pm :. Blogger {illyria} hollered thusly:

hey, you! i missed you. you've been away for much too long. i loved the first verse and how much it reminded me of ee cummings.


  3:54 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Iridescent, my teen self would thank-you.

Thanks, Herge... i've been away far too long, as indeed...

Transience points out. THanks Transience, and well spotted. cummings was indeed an influence on that poem. Still one of my 3 favourite poets.

It's nice to be missed. =]

S.x


  10:07 pm :. Blogger 3rd daughter hollered thusly:

welcome back. hope it lasts. have missed your wicked humour.


  12:05 pm :. Blogger The Prisoner hollered thusly:

it's nice to have something new to read, but you take as long as you need to S, i'm sure all of your groupies will be waiting.


  12:33 am :. Blogger lynda brendish hollered thusly:

much much better than my teen-angsty poems. If I ever find them, I'll be sure to give you a couple - they'll be sure to have you doubled over in laughter at what a complete and utter cliche I was during those years.

Anyway, hope you and yours are well, and I'm missing your bloggings a lot.

take care...
lynda


  1:07 am :. Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) hollered thusly:

i'm glad ur back...sort-of-back. Didn't get to explore u thoroughly the first time around.


  2:20 pm :. Blogger Starbuck hollered thusly:

Good to hear (see) your words again, Mr S, & I hope that all is well.

I, too, missed not having your wondrous archives to amuse myself in my quiet moments.

Nice poems, btw, you eternally-talented bugger.

However, Starbuck Powersurge does not believe in spring-cleaning.

Nope, hoarding is the new spring-cleaning. Never chuck anything out. Ever.


  1:42 am :. Blogger stella hollered thusly:

this post and the poetry made me miss you even more ;)

hope to see you come back soon...


  5:12 pm :. Anonymous Anonymous hollered thusly:

Crikey! Is everything OK, S?


  6:58 pm :. Blogger The Prisoner hollered thusly:

if i ever find the bastard who decided spamming comments was a good idea...well, you can guess the rest.


  5:29 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

I kept wondering what Mr Prisoner was on about, because it wasn't showing up...

All is well, now, though... it's a delete!

Only things i delete on my blog, too, is spam

Commentees, can call me a motherfucker, and totally slag my posts off... but i'm fine with that... spamming just gets my goat!

S.xx



-------
Post a Comment
-------