8.5.05 | Pre-Weirdness Interlude (Apocalyptic Apoplepsies of Politics!)



Ain't England grand!

WE have a new Prime-Minister! Even if he is the same model as the last one!

This one promises to be more "listening". Sah-weet. Totally fucking lying, though.

But ain't England grand!

I can't remember any elections anywhere else in the world where everyone's a winner!

And a loser!

All at the same time! WHoop!

Y'see... it goes like this (boring politics wank follows):
New Labour wins again. But. With a vastly reduced majority and curtailing of megalomania and power. A new, more approachable leader sooner rather than later, methinks. So losers, too. Nyahh!
The Conservatives lose. But win plenty more seats. Not a total drubbing for them this time! Plus a new leader, too. Sooner! So a win, then!
The Liberal Democrats also lose. But get their biggest number of seats since the 1920's. And a substantial increase of voters. And their leaders wife gave birth to a lovely lovely babeh during the campaigning. Ahhh, sweet. More winnah's!

So.
Disappointed with yer own countries politics?
Lead a miserable way of life?
A lack of multi-cultural multi-ethnicity in your area?
Want to let rip and cut loose yer anger AND get pissed up on the streets and fight?
Want your vote to both count AND not-count?
Like rain?

Come to England!

You'll hate it! You'll love it! Plus- you'll get to live in a castle while we rob you of yer money! (We all live in castles, y'see. Even the poor. This is true)

(I should work for the Tourist Board. Definitely)

11 comments :.

  2:51 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

PS: Am still a snuffed it.

It's hard being dead and blogging.

S.x


  6:42 am :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

Yes, it was a wierd one alright. Shame the Libs lost several seats to the Torys as they may have made more of an impact. Still, most of Tony's megolamaniac policies are through now - ID cards, tuition fees...it's hard to see how ouw new political landscape will affect that.

And I didn't see any real signs of humility behind the smug git's serious facade...

Janey - sending you HUGS for the deadness


  7:01 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

pity you arrived before i updated this again for the Nth time this morning... oopses on your behalf!

S.x


  6:18 pm :. Blogger lynda brendish hollered thusly:

awww... Sat.. you're so sweet (reference to comments on my soon-to-not-be-blog). You almost make me want to keep inflicting upon the world my stream of crap for a bit longer.

Anyway, if you want, then i would love to have one of your pics. I am moving - but in september. And to places unknown. Well, somewhere in LA anyway, and I'm sure it will be in close proximity to the CBS Studio lot, but other than that, my address could very well be 99 Cardbox Box, Cardboard Box City, california.

I'm not joking about that last bit either. I heard Cardboard boxes are all the rage with homeowners these days.


  8:09 pm :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

See, I do take note of you! I came back...have to say I love the pic of Procol Harem depicted in the Lib Dems!

As usual and inspired and absorbing posting

Janey/xx


  9:03 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Lynda, it would please me enormously to send you a pic to hang on your cardboard walls.

And am so terribly sad that your blog ain't gonna be around anymore. All those delightful flickr pics, too.

*sigh* I still hope you change your mind, or return after a brief sabbatical or something...

THanks Janey. I must confess, that i'm going through a barren patch of blogging, or feel to be at the moment. So it's nice to hear yer words.

I think i may be rather depressed. Possibly.

S.x


  9:35 pm :. Blogger lynda brendish hollered thusly:

Don't be depressed. We love you and your blog. and you.

Anyway, for my part - a pic of yours to grace the cardboard walls will be much treasured and loved and passed down among the heirs to my cardboard box estate. And flickr will continue to be updated. In fact, I think I might add a couple of spring-like pics now.


  9:06 am :. Blogger Starling hollered thusly:

Do you have a grave, so that I may place a bundle of lovely flowers upon it in your remembrence? You should get one of those little angel statues, they're so cute!
I know nothing of your politics (or the us's for that matter!) but really it doesn't bother me. Hehehe
I haven't really felt like blogging either lately, so I know whatcha mean! Happy snuffedness tho!


  4:00 am :. Blogger Cece Martinez hollered thusly:

Wait a minute. All of ya'll live in CASTLES?!
THAT IS THE TOTAL SHIZNITZ.


  3:01 pm :. Blogger Marlene hollered thusly:

I understand your point, I many times get mad about politicians, but maybe you can take it as a consolation that nowhere in the world people are satisfied. Democracy is good, but it hurts because we´re involved in the process. Ain´t they smart?


  1:11 am :. Blogger Jessie hollered thusly:

Hahaa, great links Saturnyne! Would be even funnier if it wasn't about the fate of the nation :)



-------
Post a Comment
-------