27.4.05 | Time For Flowers



Nothing to say today. So I offer you some nice flowers instead. Photographed by my very own hand, no less. Using real, old fashioned film, too! Click the image 'n' see the grain!

Carnations aren't my fave flowers by any stretch. but they DO make interesting shapes in black and white. Or tinted a little.


Carnation in Blue


Carnation In Not-blue

And thass all for today. I may throw another flower at ya later this week. All romantic, like. Or i may not. It depends if you've all been very good boys and girls or not. If you've been bad, then it's garrottings all round, i'm afraid. Or a withholding of cakey-things. Cruel i know, but i'm only doing it because i loooove you.

S.x

21 comments :.

  1:42 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

And i'd just like to point out here, that repairing these images for use took me weeeeeeks! The film was of a poor standard, alas.

So you'd better appreciate them. Yes!-Because i know where you live...

S.x


  2:58 am :. Blogger b hollered thusly:

those are absolutely beautiful images!! love the colors- and i'm not just saying that because you have threatened me. really!
more soon, please!!


  3:49 am :. Blogger Starling hollered thusly:

You know where I live?! You're spying on me aren't you?! Who are you working for? The squirrels, isn't it?.. Hm...

And of course the pictures looked lovely. Especially loved the first one! I'm sure you know just how to make them look so we'll like them.. part of your spy training camp I'm sure..


  9:22 am :. Blogger Jessie hollered thusly:

Lovely work. I wonder what my favourite flower is. I know which tree I like, but I'm not sure about flowers. Clearly I don't get sent nearly enough.. ;)


  12:02 pm :. Blogger Herge Smith hollered thusly:

can you still buy... what did you call it again?...film?

weird.

nice pics btw.


  3:24 pm :. Blogger broomhilda hollered thusly:

I very much like the pics.
But I'm afraid I've been bad, very bad.
It's ok though, cause when I'm good, I'm very good...but when I'm bad...I'm better! lol


  6:23 pm :. Blogger stella hollered thusly:

i've always felt bad for the carnations species, (b/c no one loves them as much anymore) but you, you brought them back to full life !! :)

that being said i'm a lilies-type girl


  11:04 pm :. Blogger Carl Berry hollered thusly:

Bah! Flowers. Look at them, sitting there, filling the air with their pollen.

As spokesperson (and only current member) of the H.F.S.F.C.O.R. (Hay Fever Suffers For Concreting Over the Rainforests) I say, erm, I say, um...




Well I don't know what I say but you can bet it'd be pretty damn anti-flower, the bastards.


  12:54 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Gawd! i feel death-warmed-up today! Utterly knackered, i am.

Yet heroically, i shall reply to all!

Thanks B... i dedicate these flowers to you.

Yes, Iri. I know where you live, and am spying on you with Squirrel-cam and also Pigeon-cam even as i type! And can i say that "Mauve" is sooo not your colour! =)

Jessie, your favourite flower is... Foxglove. Or it will be when i dedicate the next piccie to you. So thass settled.

Cheers Herge! Film is still cool.

Broomhilda: My imagination can only guess inadequately at what kind of "badness" you get up to!

Especial thanks, Michael. Coming from an artist like yerself, that really is appreciated.

Stella: Lilies? I think i have some of them somewhere... If i can find 'em i'll do some just for you! 'Cause i love yer so much!

CArl, you shall always be one of my favourite people in Summer A: Because it allows me to feel superior for a rare while. And B: Watching you and Russ suffer is always good for a laugh. Oyes!

Cruel, me? =}

S.


  2:07 am :. Blogger Jessie hollered thusly:

Foxglove - okay!

Let no one say I am hard to please.


  10:33 am :. Blogger The Prisoner hollered thusly:

You take photographs well good sir.
i like using film where u can see the grain, you should see the rushes for me 18mm short, grainy as fuck i tell thee! blame my incompetent camera op, but they look damn good!


  6:41 pm :. Blogger my sun sets to rise again hollered thusly:

I was once given flowers (which did not please me as the give should have known) but they had big orange daisies in the bunch.
When my lamp light would hit them it was truly beautiful.

But your carnations are lovely.
And there will be no withholding of cake type goodness. My masters will be severely displeased..


  9:35 pm :. Blogger broomhilda hollered thusly:

Darling Saturnyne,

You've been to my bloggie, you know what I get up to, no need for imaginings.

I hope you feel better soon, shall I bring you some tea and soup. Perhaps tuck you in and read you a story?


  10:26 pm :. Blogger Marlene hollered thusly:

Look, what Stella said was absolutely right. It was like a revival of a kind of flowers that have been forgotten for long. But on second thought what else could we expect from you other than unusual things?
I liked them, thanks. I even needed it.


  4:26 am :. Blogger Starling hollered thusly:

Lol, I Knew it! Mauve.. So you've heard about the mauve, hehe :)
I hope you get better!!!
*hugs* and don't forget to get lots of rest!


  6:12 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

I have Carnations, too!

I withhold cake-type-goodness! Just to see what happens...

What kind of soup? What kind of story? It'd better be clean and full of Christian wholesomeness! My Pumpkin might be listening!

Grainy flm rules! Unless it's corny grain... or oaty grain... or wheaty grain... or...

THanks dear W.a.t.W! I'm glad you liked.

And everyone knows about the MAUVE! Everyone!!! There's photos, too!


  2:03 pm :. Blogger broomhilda hollered thusly:

Chicken soup, a very soothing get well story, full of naughty things.
Don't worry, I also have a story about a man and his punkin.
Oh! and bringing some choccie too.


  10:16 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Broomy! Chicken Soup?

Yecchy! how about something spicy and herby and Mediterranean...? Something with tomatoes! I can feed my Positive Vibes at the same time, then! (See archives for Positive Vibe goodness)

Does the Pumpkin story have a happy ending? I like the endings where they walk/shuffle off into the sunset together. THose endings make me verr happy indeed!

THankyer Lovely Darkchild! And the pic was black and white to begin with... so technically yer right.

loves
S.x


  5:34 pm :. Blogger {illyria} hollered thusly:

i cannot believe my comment didn't register all those days ago. damn. but i love these. and i love daisies, too.


  9:26 pm :. Blogger Starling hollered thusly:

Awww..! You read my older posts and even left comments!
*Leaves a whole bunch of tomatoes on the table (assumes you have a table)* Here's to your positive vibness! One good turn deserves another. :)


  8:25 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Transience AND Iridescence! You sound like you should be related or something.


Glad yer like the flowers... i really should finish posting all the others i've been promising...

My positive vibes will love the tomatoes, Iri! They'll swim around in it for ages and giggle spiritedly.

S.x



-------
Post a Comment
-------