19.3.05 | The First Day Of Spring



I always know when Winter turns the corner and heads into Spring. I wake up, throw back the curtains and the sky looks newly washed and so... so alive. Nature itself seems to raise its head and stretch out its green arms. Birds seem chirpier, insects buzzier, even the trees and grasses seem treeier (new word!) and grassier. And greener.

I always know the first day of Spring. And it knows me. This must be the fairest day of the year. Life calls me.

So today, i've been doing things. Taking new flower photos with my (non-digital) camera. Seeing old friends. Drinking coffee and chilling out in my Fave cafe, The Red Triangle. And now, i'm writing in a state of near-tranquility. Drinking a good red. Listening to Nico singing 'These Days' from her verr beautiful 'Chelsea Girl' album. Thinking of a poem by e.e. cummings that perfectly sums up a new bright day. Why, i think i'll quote both the singer and the poet for you! Generosity prevails! (Somehow, they both match my mood today).

The Singer

I've been out walking
I don't do too much talking
These days, these days.
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
And all the times I had the chance to.

I've stopped my rambling,
I don't do too much gambling
These days, these days.
These days I seem to think about
How all the changes came about my ways
And I wonder if I'll see another highway.

I had a lover,
I don't think I'll risk another
These days, these days.
And if I seem to be afraid
To live the life that I have made in song
It's just that I've been losing so long.
La la la la la, la la.

I've stopped my dreaming,
I won't do too much scheming
These days, these days.
These days I sit on corner stones
And count the time in quarter tones to ten.
Please don't confront me with my failures,
I had not forgotten them.



The Poet

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)




And that's all.

love love love,
S.x


8 comments :.

  2:10 pm :. Blogger Marlene hollered thusly:

Sometimes I wish I knew winter, to be able to enjoy spring ...


  5:30 pm :. Blogger Carl Berry hollered thusly:

Bah! Spring and summer are over rated I want winter back, we haven't had nearly enough snow yet (or any in my case, damn Christmas in the south).

In the meantime there's always Kitten Huffing


  6:15 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

It must be strange that way, in Brazil, methinks, but i also envy you, your warm climate, too.

Kitten huffing! That's the most awesome thing i've ever seen! (today)

I laughed so hard i had to murder a passerby fortheir vital organs to replace my own which had unfortunately ruptured with mirth!

S.

But damn! i was thinking of inventing my own encyclopedia along such lines and now i find someone else already has! i may have to rethink. Bollocks!


  6:16 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

PS! i think i shall have to post about this kitten huffing officially! It's too good to merely reside in the comments.

S.


  9:01 pm :. Blogger minger hollered thusly:

yeah sure. tomorrow is the first day of spring so... its snowing and snowing and snowing...
but maybe its good because i dont have a spring-jacket ;)


  3:49 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Hey! M.M.! I thought you'd been kidnapped by aliens! You'd been gone soooo long.

Hiiii.

S.x


  9:52 am :. Blogger 3rd daughter hollered thusly:

gorgeous words of spring - my favourite time of the year. autumn is slowly creeping in here in oz.
kitten huffing looks like fun :)


  1:33 pm :. Blogger my sun sets to rise again hollered thusly:

ee cummings rawks so hard.

he doesn't even obey the laws of capitals.



-------
Post a Comment
-------