19.10.04 | The Milltown Cat (or 'More Tails of Hot Pussy')




Prudence with poise!!! Clicky for full glory. Oyess.

So Prudence returns to my blog once again. Mainly because this is just about my most favourite cat picture i ever took. Also it was an incredible fluke, because i hadn't done any focussing or anything!! Depth of field?- What's that?!?!
I was quite new to cameras then, using an old manual pentax slr that me dad bought for forty quid from a second-hand shop. Still have it. Still works just fine.

Anyway, i was talking about the dear departed Prude (We actually called her Moodas, just as often) to her owner the other day. And so i remembered that i was gonna post this.

Next up: The Saturnyne remembers his childhood television habits, PLUS (Gasp from an adoring audience please)... What exactly does a Harle Syker sound like? The Saturnyne gives you some mirthful pointers...

Adieu!

13 comments :.

  5:01 am :. Blogger Jessie hollered thusly:

That is a beautiful shot!


  5:19 am :. Blogger b hollered thusly:

lovely photo!
oh, it so reminds me of england, lovely england.
when i visited june last year, my friend (in bury) had 2 black cats named polly and esther (when you called for them you would shout 'polyester'- clever, eh?). they would come in at random from the roof thru my open 2nd story guestroom window to visit me. they had fleas, which made me sad. anyways...
of my own pics, i find that my faves are always the happy accidents. i'm lucky to get 5 good shots on one 24exp roll!
pentax- yeah!
anticipating your next post...


  11:04 am :. Blogger SingleFin hollered thusly:

Mmmmiiiaaaooooww!
Ace pic dude!


  2:38 pm :. Blogger Cece Martinez hollered thusly:

THAT PICTURE IS GORGEOUS! Kitties have such personality. This morning, the neighbors kitty was walking across the street as I was trying to drive down it so I slowed for her and she slowed and I crept forward and she crept forward, then I slowed again and she scurried across but the entire time she was looking at the car SO suspiciously! It was like she thought the car was stalking her. The look on her furry face was priceless! eek! LOVE IT!


  4:16 pm :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

Whilst undoubtedly smart, sassy and in control of their own destiny, cats make me sneeze. Bah!

Still, it's a lovely photo.


  9:55 pm :. Blogger Carl Berry hollered thusly:

So then, the image is titled "prudence altered large internet size.jpg" so with the altered part in mind we have to ask.

Have you been touching up those cats again ?


  11:09 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

WEll, Carl, the pic is so named, because i had to make a few alterations, re: dustmarks, contrast, untinting, retinting, cropping, sharpening (perhaps, but mebbe not) and then re-sizing it from a mere 60 meg down to a more palatable 600+k

Also, i couldn't resist making my image archives even more complex and unfathomable than they are already.

Although... it kinda makes sense somewhere in me head...

HEy B, didja say "Bury" there? THat's near me... well... a one hour bus ride away on the X43... next time yer in this part o' the world, ya should drop by, an' i'll take yer to my favourite caff. Would be a pleasure. I'll even pay!

In fact yer all should drop by if yer ever even remotely within 50 miles of my home, or i'll be insulted and call yer rude names. Glower too, probably.

THanks for the praise, everyone. Am attempting to not be smug about it... at least on the outside. heh!

S.


  4:24 am :. Blogger b hollered thusly:

whoops, when i said "bury" i meant bury st. edmunds, suffolk, which would actually be about 4-5 hours from you (i think?). i had no idea there would be an actual "bury"- sorry. but, if i get moved over there in the next year or so (like i plan to), then harle syke would make for a nice weekend trip.
i was once acquainted with some people next door to me in my last apartment building in birmingham, alabama who were from blackpool. that is closer to you, isn't it?
well, if i ever get over there to your area, i'll take you up on that offer!
chairs!


  12:54 pm :. Blogger Lizzy hollered thusly:

Aww. Thats a nice picture. Cute.


  5:14 pm :. Blogger stella hollered thusly:

... such soft and intense eyes at the same time! reminds me of my first kitty we called grey... ;)


  3:57 pm :. Blogger Cece Martinez hollered thusly:

I want to visit you! AAARGH!


  10:54 pm :. Blogger my sun sets to rise again hollered thusly:

Aww, thats a lovely photo.


  2:48 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

Ah, more luvverlylyly comments.

Yeah, i do have some more graveyard shots to share at some point in the distant future, Amanda.

And, i'm a terrible host in a small house, Cece! But if you and yer family DO find yerself in the NW of England, then by all means look me up. I shall be eccentrically chaming, no doubt...

S.



-------
Post a Comment
-------