11.9.04 | The Proms (The Last Night)



Watching the telly earlier, and happened upon the BBC's "Last Night Of The Prom's", live from The Royal Albert Arse. Jaw dropping stuff.

"The Proms" for all foreign readers of this blog, is a season of classical music, run by the BBC, that lasts for several weeks, and culminates in an evening of rounding up all the inbred abominations of the upper and middle classes and letting them out of the secret castle rooms of shame for the evening, so they can watch an orchestra playing all the classical "hits"... or something like that...

Haven't seen so many inbred toffs and inbred wannabe toffs all in the same place together, in like, well it must be exactly a year...

And why are they all bobbing up and down? Why? Why? In God's name, Why? It seems to me, that not only have they been shagging their nearest and dearest, but that somehow, they've been doin' the rounds in the local seabird colonies, too! Ye've surely seen the wildlife prog's, where David Attenborough whispers cheerfully along the excreta strewn clifftops, surrounded by mad Gannets ritually bobbing and waving their beaks to each other as they take turns feeding their chicks vomit, right? (With a straight face, too. A-mazing guy!)

Same difference...

just less vomming. Or maybe more. I dunno... there did seem to be a few lush people there (Lush= drunkard... also name of fab indie band from several years ago). Alas that they didn't show any of that... i definitely think it would be worth the license fee to see all these middle and upper classes vomming rhythmically into their childrens upturned, expectant and greedy faces! Oyes!

And bobbing! Skillfully out of time to the music!

Hysterical.
Can't wait for the next one.
Only 364 days to go...


9 comments :.

  12:07 pm :. Blogger Ginger Doll hollered thusly:

The Proms.....! My poor boy! Mind you, I spent Sat night with a friend, two bottles of red wine, chocolate and the Antique Rock Show on Radio 2, so I have no grounds to snigger!


  3:13 pm :. Blogger SingleFin hollered thusly:

Good grief. Saturday night saw me vomitting, hollering and bobbing out of time to the music! However, I'm not posh and I wasn't at the proms. Rather, I'm common as pigshit and was at a mates post wedding ceilidh. Woo! Traditional Scottish acid house rave!


  3:34 pm :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

i'm sure, what you were doing was completely diff' to the bloody slaughter i saw. I'm sure people used to pay entry into places like Bedlam to see this kind of behaviour...


  6:45 pm :. Blogger Marlene hollered thusly:

Hi, Sat

Thanks for being ... what you are.
I deleted your post by mistake, sometimes we do silly things accidentally, not on purpose like most of the times.
I wish you all the best Saturdays in your life.


  8:14 pm :. Blogger minger hollered thusly:

hi :) i have no time to read your notes, but i promise i'll reform ;)
thank you for your visits :)


  12:45 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

THanks for that, Marlene (did i get your name right? i was looking at your profile.) 'tis a mistake that's easily made. I'm always deleting things by accident... an' i'm sure i wouldn't have been offended anyway. Especially as you leave me the kindest comments!

An' nice of our Modern Monkey to make a reappearance, too! Hope yr well, grrl!

Y'know,at times like this i feel there's a regular little community aroud me, of very generous hearted, free-thinking people whom i like immensely and without reservation... one kinda gets all gooey and heartfelt inside. Erg! An' that's why i swear. =}

no really!


  2:00 am :. Blogger Jessie hollered thusly:

Proms... sounds lame. Sorry. Nice cat shots. I am so getting a digital camera one of these days. Still waiting to be told which to buy though.

It's BEAUTIFUL here today but I am chained to my desk...

Forgive me, perhaps I skim-read, but what is "vomming"? My guess is it's short for vomitting. But I think I'm wrong... my flatmate has a tendency to abbreviate, eg. last night we were discussing a friend's job prospects and she said, "What quallies does she have?" As in qualifications. Gah.


  5:27 am :. Blogger The Saturnyne hollered thusly:

yup you guessed right... 'tis indeed "upchucking"!

if ya want advice on digital cameras, ask an' i'll send you a link to an excellent review site or even advise ya... yr not the first one to ask this in the past 24 hours... lol...
my camera isn't digital though... My film scanner is what allowed me to get my pics onto the pc. very high res scans, too... although not necessary for a webpage... i make prints though, and it IS necessary for doing A3...


  9:04 pm :. Blogger Cece Martinez hollered thusly:

Lush...good.
Bobbing....bad.



-------
Post a Comment
-------